Calling, Waiting, Receiving

I love how God is with us.  He is so tender, so gentle, so patient... so good.

There are many things in my heart and mind and life that tempt me to get all wound up, worried, anxious, perplexed.  I usually have a hard time leaving something alone too.  I pick at it over and over and over... like a child who just can not leave well enough alone and spoils the surprise with immature impatience, a lack of trust.

Last night, after a long, busy week, I was thankful to have a few hours to sit in my favorite chair and spend time with the Lord.  I even had to be disciplined in doing that, as I was tempted to disengage with the TV, but I knew my Spirit was hungry for the Lord's Presence and honestly, my quiet times have been getting slim in quality and in quantity; when i feel myself getting to that point, a song rises in my heart.  I don't even know who sang it, and I have not heard it in years - but the words are...

"I miss my time with you,
those moments together,
I need to be with you each day... and it hurts me when you say...
Your too busy, busy tryin' to serve me, but how can you serve Me...
When your spirit's empty...
There's a longing in My heart...
Wanting more than just a part....
It's true... I miss my time with you."

It's a lovely tune.... and it pulls me close to His Heart as i sing it to myself, even now.

So, last night, I made my way to my quiet time chair... an ugly old orange chair that is so cozy, and is the perfect place where I can sit with Him.

I started to converse with Him - well, i guess I just started talking... out loud, to Him.  After I got a lot of the preliminary stuff out of the way, I turned to His Truth, reviewed some of the notes I had taken from the morning message in church on Galatians... and let it sink it.  I journaled a little... and found my mind going back to something I have been perplexed over and had some aches about. I asked Him about it.  Again.  He is patient, and He knows our hearts...

An you know... He answered me.  Not with a loud thunder or a vision or anything spectacular.

Through another book I had begun to read earlier; I picked it up and started where I had left off.  The author spoke about how our Shepherd sometimes leads us apart, away from the "flock" to quiet secluded places... alone... so we can learn to hear His voice.  So we can learn to trust Him.

It wasn't really the author's words, but His Voice I heard.  He is my Faithful, tender, gentle Shepherd.  He knows my heart, my disappointments, my nature... and He loves me.  He is working, guiding, teaching, drawing me closer, changing me, daily.

It was a sweet, quiet, moment.  Peace filled my being... the rumbles, roars, and aches in my Soul were quieted as His Love washed over me.  I was different the rest of the evening... even into this moment.  Peace rests on my heart and mind.

"The Lord is My Shepherd... "

"He is my refuge and Strength, an ever-present help in trouble..."

"Be Still and Know that I am God...."

Comments

Jen Price said…
Beautiful! I love how spending time with God is so life giving!
Melanie said…
It is so easy to get so busy that even though we get good teaching and church and so forth...that we lack time with Him. Time with God ..there is no good substitute!! :D Great post!
Anonymous said…
Christmas time reminds me of shepherds and draws me closer to our Great Shepherd. Thanks for sharing this.
Billy said…
"...all the blessings of the Christian life become continually possessed when we become men and women of regular... daily... unhurried,.. secret... lingerings in prayer." - J.Sidlow Baxter (mostly)
Billy said…
"...all the blessings of the Christian life become continually possessed when we become men and women of regular... daily... unhurried... secret... lingerings in prayer." - J. Sidlow Baxter (mostly)
Melanie said…
What is up with Billy leaving TWO comments!!?? mmmm...trying to up your comment for you... :D
Let Love Grow said…
naw - he just did not see it published right away so he posted it twice. but it DOES up the numbers... Thanks Billy!!

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

Golden List: Repeat Topic