Contrasts

Kitty is happy this morning.

Yesterday morning my house was packed. I had the joy of having my brothers family (4 peeps, big & little), our friend Sue, and my sister in love's sister staying here at my house. Count that = six peeps, not including me, so that makes seven. I have a little house, though it is bigger than my brother's. It was tight quarters. Thus, the reason, kitty is purring very loudly this morning happy to have my attention, quiet, undisturbed spaces and her food on time.

I am having tea this morning, with honey, instead of coffee. I have had a cup of tea almost every morning in the last ten years - with the exception of the most previous two years - I started with the coffee. Prior to moving here, I did not have a coffee maker (electric anyhow) and I enjoy the slower, healthier richness of a good cup of PG tips. I fits me better... i don't like moving fast in the mornings. I enjoy a slow start; tea must steep for a few minutes. That is like me; I like to sit and "steep" in the Word, in my thoughts, just breathe for a few minutes, quietly. Kind of like letting my Soul stretch and wake up. That is the way to start a morning, at least for me; it is nice.

I am reading through the Psalms this summer. This morning Psalm 32 was my starting place:

"...the LORD's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him." (10b)

I am glad God's love is unfailing, unchanging, strong and true because I do fail, I do change (thank goodness it is for the better at times!), I am weak, and unfortunately I have wandered... and been untrue.

I am thankful it wraps around me, my life, my thoughts, my loved ones, my concerns, my prayers and my Hopes and dreams. I am glad He tells us... "trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding..." I love warm, strong arms around me; I like that word picture. I embrace His Love for me today.

I am glad He is with me; because at times, I feel very alone.

Yep, it is good to contrast the Truth with what is not true. He is my Rock and my Fortress.

"Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord." Psalm 31:24

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....