The Pursuit of Man - By A.W. Tozer

I just finished reading this book; it was a bit heavy in the middle but after the final chapters, I think I may need to go back and see what I slept through! IT was SO GOOD. Oh the blessing I have received in pushing through! Here are a few quotes...

"The unconditioned priority of God in His universe is a truth celebrated both in the Old Testament and in the New."

"Because He is, we are and everything else is."

"...[T]he man who has been taught even slightly by the Spirit of Truth... will crave to know God with a vital awareness that goes beyond words and to live in the intimacy of personal communion."

"For sin's human captives God never intends anything less than full deliverance. The Christian message rightly understood means this: The God who by the word of the gospel proclaims men free, by the power of the gospel actually makes them FREE!" (caps added by me)

Referring to the gulf between the Spirit of Christ and the world, "There is no middle ground."

People "...become Christians only by invasion of their nature by the Spirit of God in the new birth."

Concepts... We are in a battle with the spirit of this world.

"...[T]he way of the cross is never easy." To which I noted on the side of the page - it is a CROSS! AMEN!

I underlined so much in the last few chapters I can't pick out which ones to share - plus some must be read in context. If you are up for a meaty meal - I recommend pulling out your knife and fork, stuff the napkin in your shirt and enjoy! You may get some juice on your chin as you chew, but it is SO worth it!

Comments

Rebekah said…
I love A.W. Tozer. I've read The Pursuit of God, but I haven't read this one yet. I'll have to read it too!

Have a sweet day! :)
Jen Price said…
I haven't read this book. It's always good to know of good reads!

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....