When God Closes a Door, He opens a Window!

Remember that line in "The Sound of Music?" Well, God did this for me this weekend, LITERALLY! It doesn't seem like such a big deal but I can't get over the tremendous sense that God was with me and took care of me....

I was housesitting in NC and had gone out for dinner with a dear friend. I returned home just as it was getting dark. It had been raining a lot, and I had left the poor puppies (Sasha and Logos) out in the yard while I was gone. They were happy to see me return and glad to come inside to a dry house - Logos is not use to Sasha' energy, plus he is an early to bed dog! I usually find him settling down for the night by 8pm. Sasha settles down too... but we were in a strange place and there are too many new things for her to miss... so she stays on the alert most of the time we are there. Anyhow... Logos was more than happy to come inside but Sasha was begging for some play so I went outback to play with her and closed the door behind me.

I realized I had not unlocked the door when I turned to go back inside... OH NO! I was locked out! My heart sank. It was getting dark, it was wet and sloshy outside, the neighbors houses looked really dark, the front door was securely locked... my keys, cellphone were all inside... My brain started racing to figure out what to do. I pictured myself forlornly spending the whole night outside, getting eaten up by mosquitos and sleeping with Sasha under the deck... or walking in the dark... to someone's house which I thought may have a key but I was not real sure how to get there plus it was a good healthy hike... of course, I thought... a neighbor may have mercy on me...

I made my way around the house, spying out the windows which were well over my head... I started for the back deck in hopes I would find some spare key hidden someplace... THEN I REMEMBERED!!! The bathroom window was OPEN!! Oh my goodness, I can NOT describe the W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L feeling that flooded my soul!!! I am not even sure I began praying... yet I do know... I had begun crying out to the LORD for help and He met me as soon as I stepped on the steps to the deck...

It was a small window... and thankfully the screen easily slip up and i crawled through... not as gracefully as I would like to admit but I was laughing when I hit the floor... over the toilet, with a small causality of a broken towel rack, and a bruise or two I later discovered. I did not care. I was IN!!

One last funny note... this is about the 3rd time I have house sat for my friends... and two of the three times SOMETHING out of the ordinary has happened... at least this time... the dog did not die. Yep... the cat decided it was his time to crawl away and die last summer... on my watch! I can't believe they keep asking me to come back....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....