Casting Burdens

I love that it is getting warmer; I love to enjoy the moment. Yet, in the last 24 hours I have felt a mounting wall of worry. Interesting how it comes in waves. This morning I woke after a fretful night, worried. I don't like that. I seriously had to sit up this morning and think, "what is causing this worry? Where is it coming from? WHY am I feeling this heavy load? Lord, Meet me here."

I was thankful as I pulled into bed last night, I read Ps. 27:14 "Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart." I tried to meditate on that as I went to sleep; but still, the heaviness this morning.

A few things come to mind: yes, there are a number of things that are heavy and out of my control and I hear that annoying voice in my head, "you made some poor choices, you are unwise..." and I feel guilt over??? Well, what can I do about that NOW? Lord... You say that I am your precious Child, Your Word says, "Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.." because "The LORD is my light and my Salvation - whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid?" The dialogue in my head hears that annoying voice again... but you got yourself into it, you get yourself out!

Well, isn't that how it is from the get go? We are born with a sin nature.... but God took care of that through Christ! Oh blessed Jesus! Thank You that I can have the victory even when I am guilty of putting myself in the losing position. I will WIN through Christ! By Christ and With Christ! (I HAVE WON!) So, these worries are only opportunities for me to cast them on the strong arms of my Lord; opportunities for me to grow in grace, resting in His all-sufficient love and care. Lord, I am trusting You - for YOU ARE my Light, My Salvation, My Stronghold and My Refuge - Why should I fear?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....