He Makes Me....

It's Wednesday night and I have just enjoyed a chapter in one of my books for class. What I read was so rich, I can not help but feel full. It is better than a good meal!

God is so good to me, over the last few weeks I have experienced unexplainable peace and sweetness in my Spirit. I have been hearing Him again. No, not audibly, but I know it is Him. My heart and soul are being restored....

Today I enjoyed sharing a few hours with a friend. As we drank tea and kept warm, our hearts were encouraged as we shared what God has been doing since we had seen each other last. Aren't those the best kind of friends? I love it when you can say, "what's been going on?" and the first words are, "God has been...." Yes, those kind of friends are so great. As we caught up on what was going on in our individual lives, evidences of God moving, working, healing just poured our of our hearts to each other. It was very good. We both realized we are enjoying things that make us who we are, again!

I was also blessed a few weeks ago to visit another dear friend in Greenville - and I found the same refreshing fellowship there! As I visited her, she help me see something in Psalm 23 that I had not noticed before....

This Psalm has become a personal favorite over the past few years. She pointed out the word in verse 2 "makes." We, being dumb little sheep, don't know where to go or where is the best place so He has to make me lie down...yep...I tend to want to go my own way, wander and get lost, hurt. BUT, He guides me to the place of rich pastures making me lie down there, to drink from quiet waters that restore my soul and guide me in His righteous path for His Glory. He is too good to me. I am SO Thankful!

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

Comments

Saija said…
you sound thankful ... and joyful too ... blessings on you!
Stephanie said…
It is a joyous feeling when you have been basking in his Grace and Mercy. Your Soul has been restored he is preparing you for something great. Keep us posted
Let Love Grow said…
Yes, I am thankful Saija!
Thanks Stephanie! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....