River of Delights

How He Delights My Soul!

Last night a dear friend and I went for a walk down on the Riverwalk.  It is one of my favorite places here in Columbia.  If I have not said it already, Spring is beautiful here!!  This Spring seems to be extra beautiful for the Lord has been pouring His Love over me in such a tangible way.  Truly Joy inexpressible! So much joyful juice is upon me that when I spill it over on a status quote on Facebook I am receiving funny questioning comments such as, "are you getting married?" or "Tammie, do we need to talk??" I love my friends.  

No I am not getting married; I am simply growing into deeper Delight of My Husband for 34 years.  Jesus Christ has faithfully loved me through valleys and seasons and depths.  He has been tenderly showing me this walk truly has been a living relationship, a marriage, in spite of my complaining, my lack of understanding and seeing(believing!) or mis-belief, my stubborn dig-my-heels in moments, pouting: He has never given up on me.

In a new fresh way, my eyes are seeing His Love for me; my heart is receiving as never before.  Several weeks back as I was sitting before Him, My heart bubbled up, "You Delight Me!"  Instantly I remembered one of my favorite verses:

"They feast on the abundance of your house, you give them drink from your river of delights!" Ps. 36:8


So last night as we were walking by the river, sharing our hearts and lives, the Lord blessed us with the beauty of His creation: the air was sweet with floral fragrances, brilliant greens, blues, yellow hues of the sky, the river, the grasses, leaves and flowers dressed our pathway, the sunset settled gently and slowly to reveal splashes of light on the tops of the trees and city skyline,  gentle breezes fluffed our hair and kissed our skin - as if His Spirit was lovingly caressing us.  It was almost as if we were stepping on Heaven's edges.... 


This was actually taken on our walk last night.  It doesn't seem to do the beauty of the evening justice but it is a start.  It was a refreshing reprieve to be in His Creation for a few hours, to slow down, to not think to hard, to hear and feel His closeness.  Can you imagine what Heaven, more than that, what His Presence will be like...?


Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens, 
   your faithfulness to the skies. 
Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, 
   your justice like the great deep. 
   You, LORD, preserve both people and animals. 
How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! 
   People take refuge in the shadow of your wings. 
They feast on the abundance of your house; 
   you give them drink from your river of delights. 
For with you is the fountain of life; 
   in your light we see light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....