Wrap Me Up Please


It's been cold and dreary the last 5 weeks. Peeps I love are moving away, changing location, preparing to leave, disconnecting from my immediate circle, and I am feeling the loss. Thoughts of "what's next" and "where am I going" assail my mind and being...; fear of being alone is knocking at my door and trying to enter my heart. I have let that fear in before; it is an unwelcome and a rude guest. So, I am holding my hand on the lock.

I am feeling the desire for someone to just hold me; to wrap me up in their strong arms to assure me that I am not alone, I am secure, and loved. These are real emotions and thoughts; I am just putting it down here. I am a real person.

BUT I have a REAL God who is my rock. I am clinging to that Rock, and hiding in the shadow of His wings, knowing that the storm of these feelings will blow over, the sun will shine and His love will hold me and guide me.

This journey of Life is hard sometimes. I know this season will not last too long, though if I chose, I could go out and walk around in the storm and get lost in the grayness; that has happened before but not this time. No Way! I must choose to STAND on Solid ground (Ephesians 6:10-18), praying with all sorts of prayers, and holding up that Shield of Faith. God will not leave nor forsake me, the fiery darts of the enemy can be put out with a Wave of Living Water.

I love the words from Twila Paris' song, "The Warrior is a Child," yes, I am dating myself here, but that song is so wonderfully true.

Lately I've been winning battles left and right
But even winners can get wounded in the fight
People say that I'm amazing
Strong beyond my years
But they don't see inside of me
I'm hiding all the tears

They don't know that I go running home when I fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while
'Cause deep inside this armour
The warrior is a child

Unafraid because his armour is the best
But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest
People say that I'm amazing
Never face retreat
But they don't see the enemies
That lay me at His feet

I drop my sword and look up for His smile
Because deep inside this armour
Deep inside this armour
Deep inside this armour
The Warrior is a Child

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....