Psalm 36:5-10

Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens,
your faithfulness to the skies.

Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
your justice like the great deep

O LORD, you preserve both man and beast.
How priceless is your unfailing love!

Both high and low among men
find refuge in the shadow of your wings.

They feast on the abundance of your house;
you give them drink from your river of delights.

For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light.

Continue your love to those who know you,
your righteousness to the upright in heart."

Psalm 36:5-10 (NIV)

This passage was posted on another blog I visit frequently and it is one I have gleaned from many times. I love the imagery of the "river of delights" - a FEAST of abundance.... and that in HIS LIGHT we see light.

Right now, the last verse grips me, that is my prayer. "Lord, continue your love..." to me... help me know Your righteousness... open my eyes with Your Light. I have a hard time understanding God's love for me. I am your basic sinner here and I have that basic nature that says i need to earn His approval; work, strife, push, try harder... in fact, right now my heart is aching because I want to DO something to feel that He loves me. It is a sickness, so opposite of grace, of mercy. Why is that hard for us, (me) to receive? (pride?!) I want SO much to be a person of grace; I know a few people who make me feel jealous of the way they live - walk with the Lord. That is a good kind of jealousy. I know, in order to get there, I may have to jump off or over some "precipices" I have stood and lived on all my life. But, it is THERE that God designed me to live. Lord, help me get there.

Comments

Melanie said…
Excellent post. I love these verses!

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....