A Raisin by any other name...

I have made a new discovery.

I like raisins.

Raisins and I have not always had an amiable relationship.  I enjoyed them in breads, homemade GORP, or in cookies, but standing alone, we tended to keep our distance.  Though, I would try to befriend them, as they are full of iron and said to be good choice snack, yet we never really hit it off.  I thought I stumbled on one kind that I did enjoy, golden raisins, but not enough to remember them at random.

Anyhow, a several weeks ago I was shopping at Earth Fare; now you must know, a trip to Earth Fare is not just any grocery shopping experience.  I enjoy it with every sense of my being, it is medicine and joy to my soul to just think about going to Earth Fare.  Indeed, I love it!  But, the fare's at Earth Fare, make these trips infrequent and sporadic.  Still, it makes my heart smile simply to walk through the wonderful place.

So, my last visit to Earth Fare, I happened upon some raisins at a good price.  They didn't have any exciting packaging or tantalizing allurement, but still they were organic (everything at Earth Fare is organic, more or less) and at a price that made my pocket book happy.  I bought them.  If only to insure I had raisin's on hand for the once-in-a-blue-moon favorite oatmeal-raisin cookies or cinnamon rolls or bread with a handful of raisins thrown in.  A box of raisins has been known to sit in my pantry for a good long time.

Fast forward to a morning not long after my happy Earth Fare purchase, whipping up a bowl of oatmeal, I decided to add piz-zazz with some raisins.  I pulled back the seal of my freshly purchased Earth Fare organic raisins and noticed something I had never noticed before: they were SOFT and plump!!  So much so I had to taste one on its own.

Oh. My. Goodness!

So this is what raisins are suppose to taste like!!?? You mean I have been deprived of such succulent divinities all my life??  I felt I had been cheated, robbed, lied to!

Raisins are delicious!!

Fast forward to this week.  I proclaimed a few days ago that I was almost out of my delicious raisins; I had to go back to Earth Fare and obtain a new box.  I could not go without these delicacies in my oatmeal ONE SINGLE MORNING.

So... I had hoped to go to Earth Fare today.  But, time, limitations, silly things like that made me head to old faithful Publix.  I informed my house mate I was going to study each box and brand of raisins and see if they had anything like I had found at Earth Fare.  I would purchase NOTHING LESS.

Well, I have a confession: I am a tight wad.

An hour later as I stood in front of the four varieties of raisins offered at Publix, I had a dilemma on my hands.  The $4.59 organic choice or the $2 box.

So, I took a deep breath and decided I would test my new found knowledge and see if a NEW box of a cheaper brand would satisfy.


There is NO COMPARISON.

I will not admit that I focused on my favorite kind...


Do they look different?

The one on the right is a bit lighter, all the raisins are about the same size as well.  The other side they vary in size and are a little darker.

Earth Fare Won.

Now... I have to use 20oz. of not-so-much favorite raisins... it may be a year or so before I buy another box of raisins.

Anyone want some cookies??

Ha.... ha... nothing like posting a post and realizing the MAIN WORD, repeated over and again.. is spelled incorrectly.

I is a graduate student too.

:-P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....