Mid-Summer's Day

Hello!  Happy Summer Solstice: the longest day of the year!  It's not really "mid" summer but the turning from Spring to Summer.

This week I have been reading Psalm 136: I thought it timely placed in my reading schedule as it glorifies God's handiwork, "...who alone does great wonders...who made the great lights."  It is even more appropriate this day.   This morning, I googled "summer solstice;" the first article listed was a report of how this day is celebrated at Stonehedge.  It is a huge event in the druid's holiday, and many gather around this historical mystery to "worship" the earth, missing the God of Creation.  So, let us place our worship to the One who Created this unique day!

Personally, I love the longer summer days, and love waking up early with the morning light.  It just delights my heart; those of you out there that are late sleepers, oh how much you miss!  I do love the mornings.

So today I went to a teacher expo for certified teacher's in SC.  I really don't like "expo's"; I don't really like crowds in general.  I do like people watching.  But, job expo's to me makes me feel very... much like an item to be sold at the market.  It can cause one to feel very insignificant; everyone there is desperate for a job, desperate to be seen, picked out among the many and given a self-respecting job.  It is just horrid in my opinion.  But, it is there to "expose" you - the potential employee to the vacancies of the company, or schools, or business.  So, sometimes it is profitable.  I have yet to visit one that has been profitable to me - with the exception of the freebies you get!  It's almost worth all the free pens, bags, water bottles and magnets... almost.  Today I walked out with two beautiful peaches!  :-)

So after this event, I came home and watered my flowers and tomato bushes, let Sasha have a run-about, cleaned my bathroom, did laundry... and journaled about what my life is about and where I find my purpose and significance... and pondered what God is doing and what He might do... and wrapped myself in this:

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning;great is your faithfulness.  Lamentations 3:22-23


It's a Blessed Day.... 
when you Know You are Loved by an Immeasurable love, 
from an Infinitely amazing God.... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....