Intimacy

About a year ago I had the privilege of coordinating a wedding for some dear friends.   Something very significant happened in that event.

After the hub-bub of getting the wedding party all in line, checking that all the details were in place, the main ceremony unfolded.  I stood in the back of the room near the audio booth, and took a deep satisfying breath.  As I watched the couple taking their vows, a light of invitation was flashed up in my heart, an invitation to intimate vulnerability.  My heart shivered at the incredible possibility.

He was inviting me deeper.

Was I brave enough to go there?  I know I wanted to... He whispered into my being that He was good and strong, I can trust Him because He loves me.

Over the past year He has been showing me little by little, proving to me His unfailing love for me; strengthening my heart.

Funny how I imagined intimacy before - I don't even know how I imagined it - something more along the lines of *puff* it's HERE! When, in reality, it is more beautiful than that; it's more graceful, more flowing, more like a gentle process of growth: a sweet discovery, little by little.  This has been my journey into deeper intimacy with the Lord; a place where I am known and deeply loved.

No longer fearful, I accepted the invitation, embracing the unknown process.  He is drawing me in to a place where I am known and deeply loved... by Him and others.  What a precious precious gift.  His favor continues to unfold this year!

Daily, I discover He is the Delight of my Soul!

But you, LORD, sit enthroned forever; 
   your renown endures through all generations. 
You will arise and have compassion on Zion, 
   for it is time to show favor to her; 
   the appointed time has come. 
For her stones are dear to your servants; 
   her very dust moves them to pity. 
The nations will fear the name of the LORD, 
   all the kings of the earth will revere your glory. 



Psalm 102:12-15

Comments

notpoems said…
beautiful, Tammie. you encourage me to pursue the same intimacy with Him.

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....