New Challenge

A new challenge has come upon my journey. As i look in front of me, the path holds a climb over some unfamiliar and challenging terrain that i have not faced before. As some of you know from previous posts, i currently substitute in the public schools. Though i am a certified teacher, i am at such a place in my life that this fits me nicely and God provides my needs. During February i was with a class for a long period of time, thus i get to know the kids better and carry the classroom in a more traditional manner.

I have picked up another long term assignment. I have the opportunity to teach Bible and History in a school that is more liberal than the one i have been working in. It has an inner-city feel to it. As i have begun to prepare for this opportunity (i have taught Bible before in a Christian school - THIS IS MUCH DIFFERENT!) i have found the text they are using for the Bible class is quite liberal...i can hardly read it without feeling physically sick. Thankfully i am very familiar with the ground we are covering. Teaching Bible pushes you in ways more than a personal study does and i love it! Teaching in this context is an exciting endeavor - but i am experiencing not a small amount of fear and trembling. I have been told more than once from the staff there that i am not to preach. I am a little frustrated that even though it is called "Bible" they are not using the Bible as a text...though there are several copies of it in the classroom.

So, i write this to ask you that read this to pray for me. My brother encouraged me by reminding me of Joshua and God's command to him, "Be Strong and VERY courageous!" How this has encouraged me! God is Big - I serve the same God who took down Goliath for David, who crumbled the walls of Jericho and who conquered sin and death! "What can man do to me?" I know in myself i am weak and fearful....But HE IN ME is strong!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Praying for you.... His grace is sufficient for you. His strength is made perfect in your weakness.
Melanie said…
Praying for Tammie!

I have an award for you ~ come pick it up!!
Anonymous said…
Tammie wanted to give you the link for our blog, you inspired me to update ours.
www.teachableheartsathome.com/blogspot.com
Rebekah said…
Amen! No one can stop you from preaching the truth to yourself!:) Cling to the truth that your brother encouraged you with. I'm praying for you.

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....