Confessions

HEY!  It's Friday!  There must be something wired into the Day of Friday.  There is a fresh energy in Friday.  It may have something to do with it being the end of the week, we have two days ahead of us that are free.  Weekends are wonderful :-)  Even when it is booked with activities, they are activities usually chosen, not assigned.  Anyhow, I have a full weekend ahead... it should be an adventure.

This morning I am happy over Spring... it's in the air!

I had to laugh at myself earlier this week.  I have been a little stressed, on the anxious side of things, because of money.  Ugh.  I am so thankful God takes care of me, abundantly, and yet sometimes the financial monger sneaks up behind me and bites me.  I limp about for a few days or weeks, I begin to have a complaining, whining tone to my voice, my sleep becomes fretful... and well, I wonder what is wrong with me.  This past week after one particularly bad night of sleep, I realized the big picture and the root of fear that was driving an anxious spirit.

The morning prior to "waking" to the fact that my attitude was spiraling and why, I was hurrying out the door to get to work.  (Oh, and I was late almost everyday earlier this week,... not my favorite mode of operation!)    As I scurried to the car, I passed my azalea bushes.  I noticed small buds; it was cold that morning and I heard this thought pass through my being: "oh!! it's too cold for them to bloom yet!!"  It was framed with an anxious feeling too, as if I had any control over when my azalea's bloom and how to adjust the weather... good grief!

It was that thought and feeling that kind of woke me up.  Worry chokes my life out!! And here I am feeling worried over something totally and completely out of my control!  As I slid into the driver's seat of my car... the Spirit nudged me.

My Child...you are worried and upset about many things...

It was time for repentance, again.  

That morning, my "verse of the day" was Psalms 55:22


Cast your cares on the Lord

    and he will sustain you;
he will never let
    the righteous be shaken.

Perfect.

Okay, Lord... I guess since You can take care of the flowers, and the weather, and know the number of hairs on my head, I guess I can trust you with my needs.  

*smirk*

So thankful... He is My Sustainer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....