Finished At Last!

I did it!! Woooo-Hooooo!! God is so good! I can't believe four years have come and gone.  I can't believe what I thought would take me TWO years stretched into Four!  I can remember a night early in the four year journey when I started freaking out when I realized it was going to take that much longer!!  A very wise mentor gently prodded me on by saying "where else will you be in four years?"  Hmmm, simple logic is a good thing.  It calms me down and I love sweet friends who gracious, non-judgementally point it out to me.   It kept me going for sure.

I wrote about the beginning of this journey and the reason for it way back in 2008, before even moving here.  God is so good.  MUCH ground has been covered in these four years.  I feel like a different person, and yet more of who God made me to be.

This part of the journey is where it starts to feel like I am jumping off a cliff.  It is scary and exhilarating to finish something.  Graduating can be the best and the worst day!  "Tomorrow" starts a whole new journey and I have not received very many road signs about what it ahead.  BUT GOD (those are great words huh!?) is still by my side: He has gone ahead, and has covered what is behind.  He has not changed!! He is awesome like that :-)

He is challenging me to trust deeper as each day unfolds before me.  For today, and for this post, I wanted to share something: graduating is WORTH celebrating.  Last December I actually "walked," symbolically finishing my program yet I still had at least 100 hours to finish my internship.  It was very anti-climatic to me.  It really pushed my "I am not significant" button... YET GOD used that to show me how much we must KNOW our significance, identity and purpose comes FROM HIM.  Not anything, anyone, anyplace, any accomplishment: all of those things that are not of the Lord that give us some since of worth can all be lost.  Only what He says of us is True, and that can never be lost.  It was a valuable lesson for me to learn.  I love How He uses every single detail.

So, I am celebrating well now that I have officially finished everything!  I did that by inviting some significant friends who have walked through these four years (or less) with me.  Ones who have spoken into my heart and soul, and blown on the flames of God's gifts in me.

Theses precious ones joined me at California Dreaming and enjoyed a dinner together.  My dad took this picture: my folks came over to help celebrate!

My friends Jamison and Tracy were both out of state but also helped me celebrate with a trip to New England.  I am writing a separate post for that trip.

Milestones are worth celebrating - Life is worth celebrating...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....