A July Evening

Dark, grey luminous clouds cover the evening sky as I sit here listening to some of my favorite soothing music.  A sweet peaceful worshipful atmosphere has settled in.  A whistle lets me know my water is ready for a hot cup of tea.  A July evening mysteriously, romantically invites me to sense His closeness to me, and His favor.  May I share it with you?

Contentment and quiet joy fill my soul, a gift given from my Maker: Thank You Jesus.

The last few mornings, Psalms 146, and 147 have started my Time with Abba with, "Praise the Lord!"

I have many reasons to sing, worship and praise Him.  One main one, is He has healed my heart.  I have been nursing a broken heart of sorts in the last few months.  Well, more like a huge disappointment that knocked the breath out of me.

God has shown me much grace throughout, in many ways, yet there was a lingering irritation that I just could not shake.  Like having a piece of splinter stuck way down beneath the skin.  Though the wound begins to heal, with much heavenly balm covering it, there is still a sting or an irritant that just continues to keep it festering.  God recently revealed to me what the splinter was, and graciously helped me pull it out.  Almost immediately, the irritating pain that had been haunting me for months was gone.  Like completely!

He is still in the Healing business.  Don't let a lack of experiencing personal healing cause doubt to plant itself in your heart over His Power and Desire to Heal you.  Healing is a mystery; I believe a process on one end or the other has to happen to learn to live in it!

Right now as I type this out, one of my favorite worship songs is playing.  "At the Foot of the Cross," This song invites us to lay every burden down there.  Maybe you have a festering wound that is in need of healing balm.  Invite Him to heal you.  Invite Him to show you what is causing that pain; He will, I promise He will, because He says so, and His healing will come.  I don't know how it will come, but it will come!

The Lord encouraged (and reminded) me that this is the business of the Kingdom through Psalm 146:

How blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
Whose hope is in the Lord his God,

Who made heaven and earth,
The sea and all that is in them;
Who keeps faith forever;
Who executes justice for the oppressed;
Who gives food to the hungry.
The Lord sets the prisoners free.
The Lord opens the eyes of the blind;
The Lord raises up those who are bowed down;
The Lord loves the righteous;

The Lord protects the strangers;
He supports the fatherless and the widow,
But He thwarts the way of the wicked.

The Lord will reign forever,
Your God, O Zion, to all generations.
Praise the Lord!

And from Psalm 147,

The Lord builds up Jerusalem;
He gathers the outcasts of Israel.

He heals the brokenhearted
And binds up their wounds.

He counts the number of the stars;
He gives names to all of them.

Great is our Lord and abundant in strength;
His understanding is infinite.
 The Lord supports the afflicted;
He brings down the wicked to the ground.



Comments

notpoems said…
sigh. this is a beautiful reminder. and I love that you spell "grey" with an e. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....