I Peter 1:8

Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy. 1 Peter 1:8 NIV

Friends, have you ever felt that dark veil cover your mind and heart and makes you question - "Lord are you really there?" I have. Sometimes it comes over me and it feels very dark - yet I know that I know He is there even when I don't feel him. I am a "feeling" person and sometimes I wish I could reach out and literally touch his hands, his shoulder, hear his voice and hold him.
I Peter 1:8 is my next memory verse - I need to sit on it for a while. I want that "inexpressible and glorious Joy" to characterize my days - my LIFE! I know everyday and every moment won't be like skipping through a rose garden but loving Him and knowing He loves me is more than good feelings - it is knowing I am DEEPLY LOVED even when I know I don't deserve or feel it, that gets me through those dark doubts that cover me. There is a line in a praise song that grabbed my attention several years ago and it still calls me to BE STILL and hear it when it plays.... "You know the depths of my heart yet you love me the same...!" Thank You Jesus, oh thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....