Land of 40 ~ Love Story

I am really in the fourth decade of my life now.  Hitting 40 was indeed a milestone, and now I pass the first marker of this 4th decade.

I can't say that with much hoopla, to be honest.  Lately I am looking a little more carefully in the mirror for lines that were not there yesterday, thinking more about how many days it's been since my last good work out and that it only takes three days of non-aerobic work for your muscles to begin to atrophy.  Ugh... I don't want to look old, but I feel older!  My body is not wanting to move like I did a few years ago.  I even got bi-focals this past year, which at the time made me happy cause I was having a hard time seeing but that is what OLD people have!

41.... oh man.

But, I enjoyed my birthday with many well wishes on Facebook, and many texts, a skype call and a few phone calls.  I feel loved.  I feel thankful.

And, I am noticing that a year is moving along much quicker.  I now see the year ahead as 180 school days until summer comes again. Yes, I loved my summer and a year counted off in school days is much  easier to measure.  Yet that means Thanksgiving will be here before you know it, and Christmas, and Spring and then... we will be finished with another school year.  Oh summer, how I love you.  Then another birthday will pop up... I can wait on that, I don't want it to come that quickly.

I hope, and pray that the days between now and then will be full of life and love.  I hope, and dream of love to come, as I hope every year, that maybe this year a love story will be written.

But this year.... I will realize a greater love story for you see I want to love more.

You see, I am grasping His love for me more and more, and as I do that I realize my purpose more and more, and that is to love!

He has a purpose for me this 41st year: To love more because I am loved.   I believe that may be the secret to living, for when we love and know we are loved, we live!

For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
    they would outnumber the grains of sand
    when I awake, I am still with you.





Comments

Anonymous said…
That you are more and more in love with the Creator of your soul, your pleasant personality, and adorable heart, is something to behold. You are pleasing Him, and that is what you are meant to do. There is nothing more important, and the man that God has prepared for you will satisfy your every dream and expectation. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

Golden List: Repeat Topic