Valentine's Day Details

It's Valentine's day, a day to celebrate love and relationships.  From my red couch to yours, here are a few of my thoughts and endeavors on Valentine's day:

First, I am enjoying another snow day, yes our third day at home because of the massive winter storm.  I am trying not to eat myself out of my house.  Funny how my appetite explodes when gray clouds cover the sky, a chill hits the air and activities are limited to movies, homework and reading.  Not that I mind that...

Today, I woke with a peaceful happy heart and mind.  Joy gushed up upon seeing the sunshine glisten over the snow, especially after two days of cloud cover and lockdown.  I am suffering a bit of cabin fever so I was ready to move!


 I cooked up my favorite pumpkin pancakes for breakfast.  This was a good morning for pancakes; I did not even burn them!














Kitty and Sasha are enjoying me being home.  Kitty is still not use to these colder temperatures.  She is such a baby.  I think she takes after her momma...

Here is where I found her this morning...

It's been a while since I have had multiple days at home without a list of things directing my time.  It has been rather nice.

It's also been a little lonely, and when loneliness comes knocking, haunting thoughts and insecurities threaten to crowd in and clutter my little cozy haven.

I think it is actually good to allow our downtimes to be a time to listen: to know the state of your soul and the tone of His Voice.   The whispers of the soul, and His Spirt come in the stillness.  They can stir up longings, questions and things unresolved; it can be a daunting and difficult experience.  The Lord is our Guiding Light and Solid Rock, "He illumines my darkness." Psalm 18:28

So, yesterday started with some uncomfortable and unpleasant emotions.  My time in the Word stated well what my soul needed to say:

To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul.O my God, in You I trust,

Do not let me be ashamed; 
Do not let my enemies exult over me.

Indeed, none of those who wait for You will be ashamed;
Those who deal treacherously without cause will be ashamed.

Make me know Your ways, O Lord;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,

For You are the God of my salvation;
For You I wait all the day.
Remember, O Lord, Your compassion and Your lovingkindnesses,

For they have been from of old.
Do not remember the sins of my youth or my transgressions;

According to Your lovingkindness remember me,
For Your goodness’ sake, O Lord.

Psalm 25:1-7

God and I took a journey through my mind, heart and emotions. As the day carried on, He gently walked me over and through the sticky places (slough of despond!?), safely landing me in a solid, spacious place of truth and peace, even laughter(joy!).  Last night as I watched the Olympics, chuckles flowed out over things I found humorous on TV.  I was so thankful for what the Lord had done.  He had replaced the cloak of heaviness with a garment of praise.  
The wrestling of my soul did not really have to do with singleness, though it did have a few touchstones to that area of question.  For that reason, I found this article from Desiring God very encouraging.   
He is a patient teacher.  The Lord's love is unfailing, and unfading;  unlike beautiful flowers that may or may not be received today.  

He is faithful, good, and powerful.  
For that reason... I can post this little song I heard yesterday.  He knows the desires of our heart - whether it be for a husband, a baby, answers to questions or resolution to messy relationships or circumstances - HE IS OVER THE DETAILS.  He knows what He is doing...  
And He is faithful to do what you can't do.



Happy Valentines!

May you find a peaceful, spacious place through any journey you may be on right now, a spot to  dance and celebrate His beautiful strong love for You!


“I have loved you with an everlasting love;  Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness."

Jeremiah 31:3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....