SNOW day activities (no sighting of snow yet)

SNOW DAY!  But I have yet to see one snow flake fall in my yard.  I am still hopeful... and very thankful for a day at home.  A snow-day, even without snow, is a wonderful blessing.  Today I have hunkered down after cleaning up Sasha's feather mess.  That use to be the swing cushion:




This is what it USE to look like:

So what does one do on a snow day without any snow?

I have actually been quite productive and tackled a few things I have been wanting to do but weren't exactly on the top of my list.  Here are a few:

Renewed my passport!  It's expiring in a few months and I hope to go somewhere on a plane this year.  A few of my hopeful destinations include Uraquay, Ireland and who knows where else.  So, my wishful thinking made me proactive today!  

Print my money challenge for the year.  I saw someone post this:
I thought it was quite the creative plan.  So, I printed it today, finally, and checked off the weeks I have already done!! Woo-hooooo! Success!

Read my "Experiencing God" workbook.  My small group is working through this older Bible study and it's great when I have a little extra time to soak it in.

I slept in, more or less.  I was still awake at my normal rousing time, but I stayed in bed and dozed in an 'out for another two hours.  LOVELY!

Had three cups of coffee instead of my normal 1.5-2.  

Cooked up one of my favorite dishes:
This is roasted sweet potates, with chipotle seasoning,  kale, red onion, garlic... sprouts... it is truly delicious!

I watched a few shows on tv, like "Alaska: the Last Frontier", "The Scarlet Pimpernel", and of course I will probably end up watching at least one episode of "Call the Midwife"

All day I have kept my eye on Accuweather to see where IS the snow??

I took Sasha on a walk this morning.  It was rather chilly but it was good to get out!

I have done a little research for my next unit: Ancient Greece.  I wish I would have brought my teacher's manual home.  Google offers me plenty of sites to learn from... 

Now, is not that the most exciting day ever??? :-)

If I stay motivated I may squeeze in some exercise.  We shall see...

It is rather chilly, and on days like this I wish my house had one of these:

This was from last Saturday, as I was visiting my friend April.

I sure hope to see SOME SNOW tonight.... TTFN!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....