The Big One

Ahem.  I turned 40 this past week.  I missed blogging on my actual birthday but its good I did not blog because I have been an emotional mess this last week.

Confession: it's been hard swallowing this one.

With this past week being my first dip back into teacher land and my BIG birthday tucked in the middle, I was a little emotionally overwhelmed.  I still have not wrapped my brain around it.

Just being vulnerable here!


I was tremendously blessed through lots of cards, birthday wishes, calls, and even a visit from my parents as well as a series of comments on Facebook regarding the significance of the number 40, especially this one:

I'm hearing that after 40 years of gathering/experiencing/processing/feeling/digging.....you are ready for a new era - an era of refreshing/being refreshed/walking in your true identity. Because nothing is wasted, and all that you have already walked through will be empowering you to live in the Spirit and listen to Him as you never have before. Happy Birthday!!!!


I LOVE THAT!

Thank You for all the LOVE you poured out on me.  I drank up every drop!  I do look forward to an era of refreshing, being refreshed, and walking in my true identity - with greater understanding and wisdom - in Jesus!
Me, trying to get my mom to take a photo with my phone: my birthday meal.   Next year I may try to get them to try sushi :-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....