~ 2012 ~


Praise Him for His mighty deeds;  Praise Him according to His excellent greatness. 

Psalm 150:2

What a Year!  2012 has been one of the fullest years I have ever experienced.  It's been a year of going deep with God, Him peeling back layer upon layer, and with each layer, bringing insight, healing, growth, renewal, joy and hope.  



From the very beginning to this day, PEACE has been felt on the soles of my feet.  " ...Shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE..."

This has been HIS work, His preparation: He help me grasp and practice what it means to put on peace, to follow peace... to Let Peace rule.  It's a wonderful, wonderful place to live! 

Early in the year, Matthew 6:33 was spoken to me through my sister in love, Melanie.  "Seek first the Kingdom..." It's a piece of Scripture I have known since my youth, a familiar song sung around many a campfires.  This year, it became my number one prayer to the LORD: "Lord, what does it mean to seek first the Kingdom in this moment, right now, today?"  He answered: it's in seeing each moment, each day, each assignment as an assignment from the King, a Kingdom perspective.  It's His plan, my privilege and high calling to do "...everything as unto Him."  It definitely was a perspective change that He opened!   With this understanding, the Lord's Prayer became more and more significant to me.  "Your will be done... Your Kingdom come!" 

Identity:  Knowing who you are is imperative.  He opened my eyes to see and know more deeply, in my inner man, who I am in Jesus.  This has changed my life!  Over, and over and over, in different ways, forms and fashions, He restated to me His truth:  I am His, a Child of the King, so I can make Him Known!  He whispered to me, "You were made for the Kingdom: be about My business!"  What a glorious purpose!  

Details:  He is in the details.  He cares about every single thing! Even Earbuds!

It has truly been a year in which God brought growth, and seeds of truth that have been long ago planted began to blossom with wonderful insight and fruits of joy! Reading over my journal entries, I see it repeated over and over... my identity in Jesus, the Beauty of Christ, Deeper insight to who God is and the mysterious wonder of Christ in me, the Hope of Glory.

And... understanding the glorious privilege and calling I have to know Him and to make Him known... to help other's see God in His Truth, Goodness, Love and Awesomeness, His Otherness, His... "knowability."  We are truly ambassadors for Christ:

Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. 2 Cor. 5:20

Realizing when we don't see God accurately... 

For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Romans 1:21

This year... I finally grasped what it means to live by the (in the, filled up with the) Spirit!  Ephesians says it so clearly... (Can you get enough of Ephesians!??)

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father,  from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth,  and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may befilled up to all the fullness of God.

As I have grasped, experienced and drank in these truths, I have been exploding all over the place.  I have felt like one of the lepers in the Old Testament who ventured out into the Assyrian camp to find food, even though it would cost them their lives.  Upon entering the enemies camp, they found it deserted, all the goods left behind for them to freely plunder.  As they were eating their hearts out, they said to each other, "How can we keep this to ourselves!? It would be sin for us not share what we have found with the starving inhabitants of the city!"  

How can I keep God's riches to myself! How can I not share the tremendous freedom, healing, and light He has given to me!  

With each layer He has tenderly, gently, and lovingly peeled back: He has lavishly poured His Love and healing upon me.  


He. Is. So. Good. To. Me!  

Thank You Lord for 2012! I so look forward to 2013 and beyond for God's further revelation, further blessing, further Kingdom Work for His glorious Name and Praise!

Please...

"... taste and see that the LORD is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!" Psalm 34:8
... and Be Blessed in 2013! Happy New Year!!




Praise Him for His mighty deeds;  Praise Him according to His excellent greatness. 
Psalm 150:2





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....