A Mustard Seed


I kind of get discouraged with statistics. Over the last few weeks, I have had to read about worldwide happenings; sobering facts that evil and death exist and increases on our planet. Yeah, Surprise, surprise, surprise! It's not pretty; I look around me at my little world and see things that speak of the decay of sin, fallenness... more than once I have had thoughts; am I making a difference? Lord... help!

About two weeks ago, as i was pulling into work, thinking of the people I work with, their apparent lostness, on top the articles I had read; a shadow of discouragement began to darken my sky, but then I Heard Him whisper:

"The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all your seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and perch in its branches." Matt. 13:31b-32

My heart heard Him remind me of how His Kingdom works... in the small things. A smile, a kind deed or word, doing the right thing, walking as Jesus walked, living as a Kingdom Citizen, loving Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength and loving others as myself. It was as if my lungs got a fresh wind from Heaven. He is at work, He NEVER fails, His Kingdom will come!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....