Pain

In the last few days I have rubbed raw some places on my skin, how acutely painful they are right now.   Interestingly, my heart is a bit raw right now too.

"He is close to the brokenhearted..."  Yes, He is.

I think of a few dear friends I know right now, who are raw on the inside.  One couple lost a son in the past few months, one man is in a storm, another is in a time of testing.  God is in each of these situations, working, answering, acting through the pain.

I was struck as I was listening to a song on my nano, based on the verse found in Jeremiah 33,
‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’


I wrote this verse in my journal several weeks ago.  I was pressing into the LORD; my heart longed for him to answer me in a certain way.  As I listened to the song, I mused:

God has answered me.  He is showing me great and mighty things.  Things I did not know.  Not necessarily the way I had hoped or dreamed or even what I had anticipated, but He has and is answering.

So when He does answer us, and yet His answer is not exactly what I wanted it to be, how do I respond? I was taken back with my own pouty, child-like response.  Oh Lord, this hurts!

It is hard when things go awry.  I know pain is not the enemy, yet rather than asking Him to take away the pain, I am learning to pray He transforms me, changes my heart and matures me.  (James 1:2-4)   I am trusting Him to do this in me, for His glory.

God has answered, through His answer good things come, a harvest of righteousness, where hope springs eternal.  Pain is not the enemy; pain often has something good to teach us.

"He who has ears, let him listen."

Comments

notpoems said…
so good, Tammie. I know this mentally, but this year it has been working into my life. The "aha" moment is not so fun when I look at my hurt and disappointment and see God's hand at work... but it is a comfort to know He wastes nothing. And to realize that I'm recognizing His voice! Thanks for the encouragement through the pain. I'm praying for you.

Popular posts from this blog

New Year's Eve

TAGGED

The Heart....