I love how God is with us. He is so tender, so gentle, so patient... so good. There are many things in my heart and mind and life that tempt me to get all wound up, worried, anxious, perplexed. I usually have a hard time leaving something alone too. I pick at it over and over and over... like a child who just can not leave well enough alone and spoils the surprise with immature impatience, a lack of trust. Last night, after a long, busy week, I was thankful to have a few hours to sit in my favorite chair and spend time with the Lord. I even had to be disciplined in doing that, as I was tempted to disengage with the TV, but I knew my Spirit was hungry for the Lord's Presence and honestly, my quiet times have been getting slim in quality and in quantity; when i feel myself getting to that point, a song rises in my heart. I don't even know who sang it, and I have not heard it in years - but the words are... "I miss my time with you, those moments togeth...
Comments